Updated from 6:08 p.m. ET to include statement from Disney, after-hours share move.
The company endured an epic bomb last year with "Mars Needs Moms" and now it's suffering a similar fate with "John Carter," the recently released science fiction action flick based on novels written by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
The film, much of which takes place on the red planet, has
reportedly taken in a little more than $53 million since its release on March 9, a disappointing performance considering its budget is estimated as exceeding $250 million.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV