Top 10 Things Romney Should Do If Elected
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- As Mitt Romney edges closer to securing enough delegates to win the GOP presidential nomination, it's not too early to speculate what his agenda might be if he becomes president.
1. One of a leader's most important skills is bringing ideas and people together. It's the role of a unifier. Romney's first priority as president will be to kill the divisive rhetoric that has pitted congressional Democrats against Republicans, the private sector against the public sector, the more successful as measured by wealth against the less successful, Wall Street against Main Street, and the U.S. against half the world.
2. He should submit to Congress a pre-vetted list of nominations for his cabinet. They include the best technocrats in their field, experienced effective leaders and negotiators, and people who know how to function on a team that is focused on reviving the American economy while leveraging American values.3. He will get closure on the Great Recession by leading the nation in purging the Gordon Gecko-types through a national promotional program to educate shareholders on how corporate America operates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV