IStar Financial Announces New $880 Million Credit Agreement
NEW YORK, March 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- iStar Financial Inc. (NYSE: SFI) announced today that it has entered into a new $880 million senior secured credit agreement providing for two tranches of term loans: a $410 million 2012 A-1 tranche due March 19, 2016, which bears interest at a rate of LIBOR plus 4.00%, and a $470 million 2012 A-2 tranche due March 19, 2017, which bears interest at a rate of LIBOR plus 5.75%. The 2012 A-1 and A-2 tranches were issued at 98.0% of par and 98.5% of par, respectively, and both tranches include a LIBOR floor of 1.25%.
Outstanding borrowings under the new financing will be collateralized by a first lien on a fixed pool of approximately $1.10 billion of assets. Proceeds from principal repayments and sales of collateral will be applied to amortize outstanding borrowings. Cumulative amortization payments of $41 million must be made on the 2012 A-1 tranche every six months beginning December 31, 2012. After the 2012 A-1 tranche is repaid, proceeds from principal repayments and sales of collateral will be directed to amortize the 2012 A-2 tranche .
The new credit agreement contains covenants relating to the collateral, including a covenant to maintain collateral coverage of not less than 1.25x outstanding borrowings, and covenants relating to the provision of information, restricted payments and other customary matters; however, the facilities contain no corporate level financial covenants such as minimum net worth, fixed charge coverage or minimum unencumbered assets covenants. Proceeds from the new financing will be used to refinance the Company's unsecured debt maturing in 2012.
Barclays Capital and Bank of America Merrill Lynch acted as joint lead arrangers and together with J.P. Morgan Securities LLC as joint bookrunners for the new financing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV