NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by throughout the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
iPath Dow Jones UBS Natural Gas Subindex Total Return ETN (GAZ) 10.0%
Natural gas futures are heading higher, helping the United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) power to its second day of gains. After starting the month off on a troubling note, shares of this battered energy ETF are exhibiting signs of stabilization. While tempting, investors should continue to monitor UNG from the sidelines. In the past, we have seen this fund exhibit signs of plateauing right before initiating another leg lower.
Although UNG is seeing some solid gains, GAZ is leading the way. It has been a wild day for this premium-laden ETN. The ETN was halted earlier in the trading session.
LosersiPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures ETN (VXX) -6.4% The VIX benchmark index is heading higher, but the strength is failing to translate over into gains for the short term futures-tracking VXX ETN. Monday marks the instrument's third consecutive day of declines. This spell of weakness has nearly pushed VXX towards all-time lows. Global X China Consumers ETF (CHIQ) -1.9% A concerning data report regarding China's housing market has injected a dose of uncertainty into CHIQ and other China-linked ETFs. Despite seeing another month of downward action, the nation's leaders are hesitant to back away from their restrictive policies. In recent days, premiere, Wen Jiabao has insisted that property prices are still unreasonable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV