If Apple had been overly aggressive, it risked a perception that its best growth days are behind it. When issuing a dividend, the goal is to find an efficient yield that opens the stock to maximum exposure while maintaining the benefits of balance sheet cash.
Now that Apple has made its stock attractive to a wider base of institutional demand, it should propel the once-in-a-generation growth story to new heights. Kudos to Tim Cook.
As the window of time between now and the April earnings report continues to shrink, it will be difficult to generate any sort of short-term negative momentum as income funds will be adding Apple exposure. The 2007 precedent continues to rule the day.
At the time of publication, Schwarz was long Apple.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV