For those who are trying to come up with a catchy negative headline, I'm afraid you are overreaching in your contrarian efforts. Today's announcement has been years in the making and as usual, Apple got it right.
What is the purpose of an Apple dividend? There's only one. It's all about unlocking shareholder value by making this stock attractive to income investors. Did Apple accomplish its objective? Yes. Did the company overreach by issuing a dividend that was larger than expected? No. An aggressive dividend would have sent the wrong signals from management.
|Apple CEO Tim Cook.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV