"Over the weekend, Apple announced that its 'New iPad' was sold out on pre-orders over the first weekend," Sterne Agee analysts wrote in a March 12 report. "We believe the ~2M on pre-orders and the 6-8M new iPad builds for the March Quarter should be a tailwind for QCOM. It should also be positive for AVGO. Also note that ZTE has been ramping multiple new phone models in the U.S. and Europe in the MarchQ with QCOM, such as the ZTE Skate and the ZTE Fury among others. We believe all points to increasing QCOM traction."
Shares of Qualcomm hit a 52-week high on Monday of $66.82. The stock's 52-week low of $45.98 was set on Aug. 22.Qualcomm has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 16 times; the average for semiconductor companies is 14.44. For comparison, Intel (INTC) and Broadcom (BRCM) have lower forward P/Es of 10.36 and 12.58, respectively. Thirty-seven of the 43 analysts who cover Qualcomm rated it buy. Six analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Qualcomm an A+ grade with a buy rating and a $75.54 price target. The stock has risen 22.12% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV