2. Huntington Bancshares
Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) of Columbus, Ohio, has seen its stock return 18% year-to-date, closing Friday at $6.43, following a 19% decline during 2011.
While Huntington Bancshares was not part of the group of 19 large, complex, bank holding companies whose stress test results were publicly announced by the Federal Reserve, the company was included in the 2012 round of tests, and on Thursday said the regulator had no objections to its capital plan, which "the potential repurchase of up to $182 million shares of common stock and a continuation of Huntington's current common dividend through the first quarter of 2013."Huntington pays a quarterly dividend of four cents, for a yield of 2.49%. The shares trade for 1.3 times tangible book value, and for 11 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of 59 cents. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is 64 cents. Guggenheim Securities analyst Jeff Davis has a neutral rating on Huntington, with a $6.50 price target, and said on Thursday that the company's buyback "modestly higher than the $150 million we had modeled over the next four quarters, approximates 37% of net income we are projecting for 2Q12-1Q13 and 39% net of preferred dividends." Davis estimates that Huntington will earn 57 cents a share this year, followed by 2013 EPS of 60 cents. Interested in more on Huntington Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV