- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GRP is currently very high, coming in at 82.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 16.40% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 27.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $45.86 million to $58.46 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 60.23% to $92.64 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GRP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 91.36%.
- FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GRP's earnings per share declined by 13.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GRP reported lower earnings of $0.65 versus $0.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.95 versus $0.65).
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.