Dow Today: Chevron (CVX) Leads The Day Higher, E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Company (DD) Lags
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is unchanged at 13,232 as of Monday, Mar 19, 2012, 9:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 42.1 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 990 issues advancing vs. 1,520 declining with 213 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Chevron (NYSE:CVX), which is sporting a 70-cent gain (+0.6%) bringing the stock to $110.98. Volume for Chevron currently sits at 297,581 shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 8.8 million shares. Chevron has a market cap of $212.53 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 3.4% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.9%. Chevron Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in petroleum, chemicals, mining, power generation, and energy operations worldwide. It operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.2, above the average energy industry P/E ratio of 7.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Chevron as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- You can view the full E.I. du Pont de Nemours Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV