NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Wednesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Tuesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Staples (SPLS), InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), Coventry Health Care (CVH), Advance Auto Parts (AAP), Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY), Heartland Express (HTLD), World Fuel Services (INT) and Iron Mountain (IRM).
Each of the stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The office retailer raised its quarterly dividend 10% to 11 cents a share. The dividend is payable on April 12."Shares have run up on a better labor outlook only to retreat each time," Jefferies analysts wrote in a March 1 report. "The stock is stuck in a range until we see a few changes, including a stabilization of international sales and margin, clearer signs of underlying improvement in NA beyond weather and improvement in labor. Staples remains challenged by a low growth environment, secular headwinds and excess capacity with occasional irrational behavior from competitors." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 2.7% Rated "B (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin was about the same as last year. Staples has weak liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 0.81, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 1.02% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $19.05. The stock closed Monday at $16.46 and has risen 18.5% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV