Chris Powell, Executive Vice President, Human Resources At Scripps Networks Interactive, Earned A Spot On Savoy Magazine's "Top 100 Blacks In Corporate America." (Photo: Business Wire)
Chris Powell, executive vice president for human resources at Scripps Networks Interactive (NYSE: SNI), joins some of the nation’s most accomplished business leaders on Savoy Magazine’s 2012 list of the “Top 100 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America.” Powell is responsible for the strategy, development and delivery of initiatives, programs and policies to recruit, develop, retain and reward employees for Scripps Networks Interactive. He also leads the company’s efforts related to diversity and other key strategic initiatives.
The Savoy Top 100 is the definitive listing of African-American influencers and achievers impacting corporate America. Selection of the “Top 100 Blacks in Corporate America” begins by examining the landscape of spheres of influence impacting Savoy’s readership including: corporate sector influence, scholastic achievement, career growth, community outreach and recognition.
“Chris’ accomplishments are vital in developing the diverse, inclusive environment that makes our company so successful,” said Ken Lowe, chairman, CEO and president of SNI. “This recognition is well-deserved and rightly places Chris among the elite in American business.”
In addition to his duties as the head of human resources, Powell chairs the company’s Benefits Committee, serves on its Executive Diversity and Management Committees. He is vice chair of the Knoxville Area Urban League, 2012 Leadership Knoxville Program participant and the University of Tennessee Chancellor’s Associate Council. Powell serves on the board of directors for Women in Cable & Telecommunications (WICT) and is board vice president/president-elect for the Cable and Telecommunications Human Resources Association (CTHRA).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV