- Multi-tenant, Automated Windows Apps and Desktops for Increased Cloud Efficiency: Extensive automation is a requirement in order to attain cloud-scale and cloud-economics. “App orchestration technology” is a groundbreaking new capability in the Cloud Provider Pack that automates the design, configuration, deployment and lifecycle maintenance of Windows apps and desktops hosted by CSPs for multiple tenants, across multiple farms. Now, cloud provider admins can define a workspace, performance characteristics, network configuration, isolation requirements, and have the orchestration engine complete the deployment - hands-free - from a single interface. In addition, a new update to Citrix CloudPortal™ Services Manager provides out-of-the-box support for app orchestration, enabling the hosted desktop infrastructure to dynamically respond to account provisioning requests via the portal.
- Seamless Apps for the Cloud Era: For decades, Citrix has led the industry in “seamless apps” - enabling an app that’s running in a remote datacenter to integrate with a local desktop environment, making it practically impossible to tell whether it is running locally or virtually. The Cloud Provider Pack takes this technology into the Cloud Era with new capabilities designed specifically for the cloud. End users can now have their personal, local apps alongside private-cloud business apps from their employer, all seamlessly presented in a cloud-hosted desktop with standard productivity suites. This unique ability to combine personal, private and public cloud components not only improves the end user experience, but also simplifies customer on-boarding for cloud providers. It is no longer necessary to migrate every app in the entire customer desktop environment to the cloud prior to rolling out cloud desktops; providers can move the easy ones first, transition more difficult ones later, and even leave some apps local as desired.
- Mobility-Optimized Windows Apps and Desktops: With the proliferation of the consumerization of IT, most businesses today are looking for a way to bridge the gap between mobile devices and Windows apps and desktops while keeping the experience intuitive and friendly. While there are many ways to view a Windows desktop from a tablet, making the experience usable and touch-friendly is another matter. The Mobility Pack ( first introduced in December 2011) transforms the standard Windows PC experience into a more touch-friendly interface, with larger icons, iOS and Android-native menus and options, and auto pop-up keyboard for text entry. The latest enhancements in the Mobility Pack include a complete SDK for customizing specific apps for mobility, and these customizations can even allow hosted apps to interact seamlessly with GPS, Camera, or SMS. Combined with the industry leading performance of Citrix HDX™ technology and the millions of mobile devices enabled by Citrix Receiver™, cloud providers can offer subscribers a new level of mobile experience.
Citrix Streamlines Delivery Of Cloud-Hosted Apps And Desktops
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.