CHICAGO, March 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the premier online resource for new- and used-car buyers, announced today the Honda Fit as the winner of its $16,000 Subcompact Shootout. Honda's Fit won the first-place prize in a competition between seven popular subcompact cars that seat four, have four doors, get at least 35 mpg on the highway, and can be purchased for less than $16,000.
"The term 'econobox' is gone, as today's subcompacts are better built, more efficient and safer," said Patrick Olsen, editor-in-chief of Cars.com. "As gas prices and used-car prices continue to rise, a shootout like this acts as a guide for consumers looking to purchase a new subcompact as an alternative to a used vehicle. In addition to confident handling, a solid transmission, great visibility and unmatched practicality, the Honda Fit is just fun to drive and emerged as our clear winner."
Experts from Cars.com, USA Today and "MotorWeek" tested these subcompacts to measure all of the needs of the average car-buyer including gas mileage, practicality, user features and comfort.
The testing included:
- 200 miles of both highway and stop-and-go driving to determine each subcompact's observed gas mileage.
- Driving of every car by experts to measure each vehicle for features, ride quality, styling and comfort.
- Thorough analysis and driving by an average car-buying couple who joined our experts to give their impressions on each subcompact.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV