United Fire & Casualty CO. Stock Downgraded (UFCS)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 85.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $9.09 million to $16.89 million.
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, UFCS is down 0.41% to its most recent closing price of 19.47. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact either way, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The gross profit margin for UNITED FIRE GROUP INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.60%. Regardless of UFCS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, UFCS's net profit margin of 8.80% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, UNITED FIRE GROUP INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts