Air Transport Services Group Inc. Stock Upgraded (ATSG)
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Air Freight & Logistics industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $11.84 million to $12.93 million.
- AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP has improved earnings per share by 10.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP reported lower earnings of $0.36 versus $0.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.80 versus $0.36).
- ATSG, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.90%. Regardless of ATSG's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ATSG's net profit margin of 7.80% compares favorably to the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.