The United (UAL) MileagePlus Explorer from Visa Signature also features some nice additional airport perks, including priority boarding and a free checked bag, and you also get passes to the United Club. The card features a $95 annual fee.
You won't be charged a foreign transaction fee.
The Sapphire Preferred and Venture Rewards cards also follow another trend that's become popular among the best travel rewards cards: They exempt cardholders from having to pay a foreign transaction fee, which many issuers charge for making purchases overseas. That's a good thing, since these fees can be as high as 3% of each transaction.
You'll get an ample bonus for signing up.
Finally, if you're looking to sign up for a travel rewards card, you should wait until the issuer is offering an ample sign-on bonus. (These, too, have become a popular go-to perk for credit card companies looking to widen their customer base.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV