Extreme Real Estate: 5 Incredible Garages
BOSTON ( MainStreet) -- "The only difference between men and boys," the old saying goes, "is the price of their toys." But grownups need nice toyboxes as well.
After all, you don't want to stick a $400,000 Ferrari at a parking meter, right?
So, true car enthusiasts often have garages the size of small houses -- complete with bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens and more."Only people who truly love automobiles will understand why I would invest so much in a garage," says Oregon homeowner Gary Holman, who's selling a $1.8 million estate that includes an elaborate, 6,000-square-foot garage/carriage house. Holman's carriage house not only has room for a dozen cars, but includes a large woodworking shop and two-bedroom suite. "It is my place to relax, create
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV