We know also from our work on the natural gas trucking industry and the fill-up station businesses of Westport Innovations (WPRT) and Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) that tons of trucks are being bought to comply with new emissions rules. We also know that Allison offers an automatic truck transmission that is taking share away from Wabco (WBC), which in itself is a very good company.
Now, Demandware is one of those companies that I hope you were lucky to get in at $16, but I think has now reached a level where I cannot possibly tell you to hold on to it. I think that the register must be rung and the stock cannot and should not be bought in the aftermarket.
Allison, on the other hand, represents genuine value and the fact that it didn't go to a premium allows me to tell you that this is a terrific play right here on the resurgent truck business.
We're invoking that stock sage Aesop here, the tortoise that is Allison now has it all over the fast-starting hare. Sure, if you include the first-day performance, the rabbit wins. But going forward, I'm taking the turtle. I like the long-term stock prospects of Allison much more at this point than Demandware.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV