Ron Paul Owns March Madness, Thanks to Duke
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Ron Paul dominates Barack Obama and his remaining Republican opponents when it comes to NCAA Tournament records.
But the Texas congressman has an impressive alma mater on his side: Duke University.
|First round NCAA tournament basketball game, Tuesday, March 13, 2012, at University of Dayton Arena, in Dayton, Ohio.|
Duke has a combined record of 97 wins and 31 losses in 37 tournament appearances (after Friday), but among Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich and Obama their schools have a combined record of 51 wins and 75 losses in 67 NCAA tournament appearances.In the spirit of the March Madness consuming America, here's a look NCAA basketball tournament records for the schools each presidential candidate attended. Barack Obama
- Received a B.A. from Columbia University: 3 appearances, 2 wins, 4 losses.
- Received a J.D. from Harvard University: 2 appearances, 0 wins, 3 losses. In 2012, Harvard reached its first tournament since 1946.
- Combined record: 2 wins vs. 7 losses for a .222 winning percentage.
- Received a B.A. from Brigham Young University: 27 appearances, 14 wins, 30 losses. BYU has the most tournament bids without making it to the Final Four.
- Received an M.B.A. and J.D. from Harvard University: 2 appearances, 0 wins, 3 losses.
- Combined record: 14 wins vs. 33 losses for a .298 winning percentage.
- Received a B.A. and J.D. from Penn State University: 9 appearances, 9 wins, 11 losses. Penn State has reached one Final Four
- Received an M.B.A. from University of Pittsburgh: 32 appearances, 23 wins, 24 losses. Pittsburgh has also reached a single Final Four.
- Combined record: 32 wins vs. 35 losses for a .478 winning percentage.
- Received a B.A. from Emory University, which competes in Division III athletics. The NCAA tournament hosts Division I teams.
- Received an M.A. and Ph.D. from Tulane University: 3 appearances, 3 wins vs. 3 losses for a combined .500 winning percentage.
- Received a B.A. from Gettysburg College, which competes in Division III athletics.
- Received an M.D. from Duke University: 36 appearances, 97 wins vs. 31 losses for a .756 winning percentage. Duke has made 15 Final Fours and won four national championships.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV