The American InterContinental University (AIU) Board of Trustees today announced that veteran academic leader Dr. George Miller has been named president of the university.
Dr. Miller has served AIU for eight years, including three years previously in the same capacity as leader of the university. He will also remain in his role as chancellor.
Dr. Miller has played a pivotal role in building and enhancing AIU’s programs and services for students. He holds a doctorate in Higher Education from the University of Virginia and a Master’s of Science in Educational Psychology from the University of Tennessee. In the 13 years before joining AIU, he served as president of two colleges, first Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn., and then Paul Smith's College in Paul Smiths, N.Y. He has taught courses in Educational Psychology and Educational Leadership and has published education articles in various journals.
“I am very pleased we can call on such an experienced and respected leader and administrator to lead the university over the coming period of growth and transition,” said Nancy Mann, Board Chair of the AIU Board of Trustees.About American InterContinental University Founded in Europe in 1970, American InterContinental University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in programs such as business, IT, criminal justice and design at U.S. campuses in Atlanta, Houston, Weston, Fla.; an international campus in London; and an internet-based online campus headquartered in suburban Chicago. The award-winning AIU Online Virtual Campus was recognized as "Best of the Best" in the 2009 Computerworld Honors Program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV