iShares Dow Jones Transportation Average Index Fund (IYT)
9 Oil, Gold Stocks That Rise on Bad News
Although economic conditions appear to be enjoying some solid signs of improvement, the laggard action seen from the transports has remained a concerning smudge on the early year rally. Late last week, however, the industry saw a spark and IYT pushed back towards 2012 highs. High fuel costs continue to pose a risk for the firms underlying this product, but it's encouraging to see some stirrings of life here.
-- Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV