NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by throughout the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
iPath Dow Jones UBS Natural Gas Subindex Total Return ETN (GAZ) 7.9%
Natural gas futures-tracking exchange traded products are heading higher, led by the premium-laden GAZ. The bounce from the United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) is particularly welcomed. Since hitting all-time lows, it has begun to show some signs of stabilizing. Nevertheless, I continue to urge investors to steer clear.
Other energy-related products are closing out the week on a strong note. The producer-focused SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Equipment & Services Index ETF (XES) is up over 2.5%.
LosersMarket Vectors Vietnam ETF (VNM) -1.9% A mixed week is ending on a choppy note for the Vietnam ETF. VNM kicked off the start of the year on a strong note. However, as we have pushed through March, the rally appears to have slowed considerably. Fellow fast-mover, the Market Vectors India Small Cap ETF (SCIF) is also struggling. The fund is currently locking in its third consecutive day of losses. SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF (XHB) -1.4% Homebuilder stocks are sliding into the weekend. Although this downturn is noteworthy, it is not surprising. Over the past two weeks, shares of XHB and the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (ITB) have pushed higher on a largely uninterrupted path. Next week will be an important one for this corner of the housing sector with a number of real estate-related reports slated for release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV