Research In Motion
Research In Motion (RIMM) is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. This stock is trading up 5.3% at $14.16 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 19.3 millionAverage Volume: 21.98 million Volume % Change: 54% Shares of RIMM are spiking higher today off of rumors that Samsung Electronics is looking to make a minority investment (possibly $1.5 billion) in the company and to develop phones based on its "BBIO" operating system. From a technical perspective, RIMM recently found some buying interest at $12.83, which happens to be very close to a previous support zone at $12.45. Traders should only look for long baised trades in RIMM if this stock can manage to get back above its 50-day moving average of $15.24 on high-volume and above some near-term overhead resistance at $15.45. If shares of RIMM can clear those levels with volume, then this stock could have some significant upside. Look for volume on that move that's near or well above 21,978,200 shares. Research In Motion, one of Greenlight Capital's holdings, shows up on a list of 10 Stocks Owned by the Best Fund Managers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV