AT&T (T) has also started to actively promote LTE, launching a multitude of LTE smartphones at the CES in January. Sprint (S) has just started to lay out its LTE network and will have its first markets ready by mid-2012, but expects to aggressively complete the roll-out by 2013.
With the carriers increasingly looking to promote LTE, it was becoming highly essential for chipset makers to design low-cost integrated chipsets that conserve space and power. By being the first to bring to market an integrated 28nm LTE modem, Qualcomm has met those needs to a large extent and looks set to ride the carriers' widespread shift to LTE.
Click here to find out how a company's products impact its stock price at Trefis.Like our charts? Embed them in your own posts using the Trefis Wordpress Plugin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV