Brian Marshall, an analyst at ISI Group, notes that supply couldn't match demand following Apple's iPad 2 launch last year. "I expect a similar pattern this time around," he added, in an email to TheStreet.
Marshall expects Apple to ship 60 million iPads in calendar year 2012, a hike of around 50% on 2011. The analyst also predicts around 11.3 million iPad shipments during the company's March quarter.Shares of Apple surpassed $600 for the first time on Thursday, before pulling back. The company's stock was up $1.12, or 0.19%, to $586.68 on Friday. -- Written by James Rogers in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV