NEW YORK (TheStreet Ratings) -- TheStreet.com Ratings issues monthly grades on 1072 exchange-traded funds, or ETFs. Even with recent market volatility, 201 of these funds have been consistent winners month after month. For the past two years of risk-adjusted return performance results, all of these funds have maintained average to excellent grades.
As our fund grades are based on a comparative ranking system, these funds have matched pace with or outperformed all other exchange-traded fund alternatives we track. At no point have they dropped down into the 'Sell' range of D+ or worse in the last two years.
Of the consistent winners, here are the 10 best performing ETFs that are currently ranked at 'Buy':
10. PowerShares QQQPowerShares QQQ (QQQ) provides investors with the opportunity to purchase units of beneficial interest in the Trust representing proportionate undivided interest in securities, which consist of substantially all of the securities, in substantially the same weighting as the Nasdaq-100 Index. The investment objective of the Trust is to provide investment results that generally correspond to the price and yield performance of the component securities of the index. Expense Ratio: 0.20% One Year Total Return: 12.3% Rated "B-" by TheStreet Ratings:
9. iShares FTSE NAREIT Residential IdxiShares FTSE NAREIT Residential Idx (REZ) seeks investment results before fees and expenses that correspond to the price and yield performance of the FTSE NAREIT Residential Index. The Index measures the performance of the residential real estate sector of the U.S. Equity market. All the securities included in the Index are issued by REITs that invest in residential real estate. Expense Ratio: 0.48% One Year Total Return: 12.3% Rated "B+" by TheStreet Ratings:
8. Guggenheim S&P 500 Eq WgCon Dsc ETFGuggenheim S&P 500 Eq WgCon Dsc ETF (RCD) replicates as closely as possible, before expenses, the performance of the S&P Equal Weight Consumer Discretionary Index. The fund uses a passive management strategy to track the performance of the underlying index which consists of common stocks. The fund may use a replication strategy for index tracking. Expense Ratio: 0.50% One Year Total Return: 12.7% Rated "A" by TheStreet Ratings:
7. Consumer Discretionary Sel Sec SPDRConsumer Discretionary Sel Sec SPDR (XLY) invests in common stocks of industries such as automobiles and components, consumer durables, apparel, hotels, restaurants, leisure, media, and retailing. Expense Ratio: 0.19% One Year Total Return: 12.8% Rated "B+" by TheStreet Ratings:
6. First Trust US IPO Index FundFirst Trust US IPO Index Fund (FPX) has an investment objective to replicate as closely as possible, before fees and expenses, the price and yield of the IPOX 100 U.S. Index. This underlying index tracks the 100 largest market capitalization stocks of the IPOX Global Composite Index through their first 1000 trading days since their initial public offering. The holdings are weighted using a rules-based valuation model capping holdings at no more than 10% of assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV