George Clooney Arrested at Sudanese Embassy
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- George Clooney has been arrested at a protest outside the Sudanese embassy in Washington.
The actor attended the planned protest Friday as he and a group of activists accused Omar al-Bashir, president of Sudan, of inciting a humanitarian crisis in the Nuba Mountains along the South Sudan border, according to The Associated Press.
Authorities arrested Clooney and several other protesters Friday at the Sudan embassy after three verbal warnings, according to a report by The Washington Post.Clooney is a U.N. Messenger of Peace who, in 2006, traveled to the Darfur region, part of which is in Sudan, with his father, according to the United Nations' Web site. He produced the 2007 documentary Sand and Sorry, which exposed refugee camps along the Chad-Sudan border. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York >Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV