So, the other area that we’re going to talk a little about in more detail today is wafer scale packaging. We’ve talked, in 2009 we acquired a product line from Zygo. We call the UniFire played a key role in this area and we’re try to help give a little more clarity as to where we fit into our packaging. We’re not so much in a traditional packaging flip chips and putting things on to PC boards.
But really when they are packaging the devices either on the, what they called interposer, which is the piece of silicon, where they put two chips side by side still using small micro interconnects, which is shown here an image of one of them or they stack in the devices, one on top of the next. And then in this case we’re looking at through silicon VS. Again we’ve got more slides and some more in content that we will be sharing later today.
All in all, it’s a very, it’s all amazing technology it’s an inevitable technology it’s being driven by, as we said, form factor performance and battery consumption and so the materials and equipment industries that are positioned in this area are benefiting from these transitions. And we have a couple of products to address in this area.
So we talk about, the next step is the entering new markets through R&D investments and strategic acquisition. So the first one is to remind everybody that we continue to invest on our product line, we consistently introduced next generation products across our entire area, whether it’s our flagship product the Atlas OCD, where we just introduced the Atlas II in the fourth quarter of last year.Our software or that we call the NanoCD suite and we continuously improve it, that’s used for the modeling, that’s used for the analysis and control, there is going to be a more day, we’ll be sharing on that today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV