And so the bottom line is that the growth in demand for process control type tools and particularly metrology inspection is increasing at a rate much greater than the number of steps that are fundamentals to the shrinks taking place. So we get a geometric relationship between the demand for our tool and the advances of technology.
The second one that we’ve talked about is the displacement of other traditional technologies by OCD, OCD being non-destructive, high speed and giving multi-dimensions. It is not only displacing CD-SEM, but some other technologies and we will have a nice presentation, talking in more depth about where the OCD is positioned, what the OCD does differently and why it has superior performance capabilities over other technologies.
The third area is the three dimensional aspect of devices and so most of you are familiar with the FinFET device that was announced by Intel a while back, no other companies are also going into these three-dimensional structures. The key point here is that, we’re no longer will deliver plainer features. We’re looking at vertical features that have a lot more parameters of interest. You’re going to see some really nice graphical models of the types of things we’re actually measuring whether our OCD in these three-dimensional structures.
Along with the three-dimensional transistors, are the three-dimensional memory devices, this is an example on the right-hand side what’s called a BiCS which is in Toshiba, three-dimensional memory cell. There are also many cells being developed. They are known as VNAND or vertical NAND devices in Korea. We are deeply engaged in all of these developing applications, tools and tool modifications to address these exciting areas. The main thing is, it’s three-dimension, it’s not plainer and so the traditional tools do not address the needs for metrology and inspection.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV