BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- How's your portfolio paying out right now? If Mr. Market's any indication, the answer should be better than ever.
Dividend stocks hit a major milestone this week: The cash payouts of the S&P 500 are officially higher than they've ever been befor,e according to research from S&P's Howard Silverblatt. Thanks to a slew of dividend hikes at banks in the last week, the broad market index pays out $29.02 per index share -- besting the 2008 record of $28.96.
And there's plenty of reason to believe that those dividend payouts could keep climbing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV