O'Hara's Celtic Stout
Ever notice how every power group has one member that just doesn't seem to fit in?
Among the fizzy lagers, it's Pabst pushing for prominence among Bud, Coors and Miller. With Irish stouts, O'Hara's is the little brother playing tagalong with Guinness, Murphy's and Beamish.
The shame of it is O'Hara's might be better than all three. A product of Carlow Brewing, an Irish craft brewer founded in 1996, O'Hara's experienced growth similar to most American craft brews. While only a modest presence in Ireland for the first years of its existence, O'Hara's built its footprint through lots of do-it-yourself promotion, word of mouth and exports.The beer itself held up its end of the deal. Made with a stripped-down combination of roasted barley, hops, yeast and water, O'Hara's has a creamy, malty flavor with hints of scorched coffee bean. That tan foam, jet-black body and smooth texture is an absolute dessert of a drink, with a 4.3% ABV that won't put you to sleep.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV