Whirlpool: S&P Intraday Laggard
The S&P fell 0.29 points, or 0.02%, to 1,402.31 in early trading Friday.
Shares of Whirlpool dropped 2.7% to $76.69. The company announced Thursday that Joao Brega was named executive vice president; current executive vice president Jose Drummond Jr. was named CEO of the company's European and African division. Brega previously served as CEO of the company's Embraco line.
Whirlpool has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 11.18 times; the average for durable household products companies is 11.04. For comparison, Newell Rubbermaid (NWL) has a lower forward P/E of 10.19; Stanley Black & Decker's (SWK) forward P/E is 12.14.Three of the seven analysts who cover Whirlpool rated it hold. Two analysts gave the stock a buy rating and another two rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Whirlpool a B grade with a buy rating and a $84.82 price target. The stock has risen 62.55% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV