NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Tuesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Monday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Total System Services (TSS) and Xcel Energy (XEL).
Both of the stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
Total System Services
The electronic payment processing company reported in late January fourth-quarter earnings of $59.9 million, or 31 cents a share, up from year-earlier earnings of $47.2 million, or 24 cents."Although TSS still expects margins to be around 6% in 2012 (down from 1011% in 2011) as a result of expense reallocation, it believes it can drive margins internationally to 20% over the medium term with 300-400bps of expansion annually," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a Feb. 22 report. "Catalysts for this include: (1) streamlining the PRIME platform; (2) winning new business and building scale; and (3) potentially selling or closing unprofitable operations in select countries." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 1.8% Rated "A+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin was basically the same as it was last year. Total System Services has average liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 1.48, which shows the company can technically meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 4.84% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $29.11. The stock closed Friday at $22.83 and has risen 16.72% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV