Crescent Financial Bancshares Inc Stock Upgraded (CRFN)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 96.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$4.52 million to -$0.18 million.
- CRESCENT FINANCIAL BANCSHRS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CRESCENT FINANCIAL BANCSHRS reported poor results of -$1.56 versus -$1.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.00 versus -$1.56).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, CRESCENT FINANCIAL BANCSHRS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CRFN has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 6.07% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts