Presidential Life Corp. Stock Upgraded (PLFE)
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Insurance industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 0.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $14.64 million to $14.76 million.
- PLFE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- PRESIDENTIAL LIFE CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PRESIDENTIAL LIFE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.32 versus $0.73 in the prior year.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts