Getty Realty Corp. (NYSE-GTY) (“Getty” or the “Company”) today reported its financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2011. All per share amounts in this press release are presented on a fully diluted per common share basis, unless stated otherwise.
Highlights for the Quarter Ended December 31, 2011:
- Total revenue increase of $9.6 million to $31.7 million as compared to the quarter ended December 31, 2010
- Adjusted funds from operations (“AFFO”) of $8.6 million, or $0.26 per share
- Funds from operations (“FFO”) of $0.3 million, or $0.01 per share, after charges
- Net loss of $19.5 million, or $0.58 per share, after charges
AFFO and FFO are supplemental non-GAAP measures of the performance of real estate investment trusts. In accordance with the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts’ modified guidance for reporting FFO, Getty has restated reporting of FFO for all periods presented to exclude non-cash impairment charges. Details about this change, related definitions and reconciliations to net earnings can be found in the financial tables at the end of this release.
Financial Results:Results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2011 were materially affected by events related to Getty Petroleum Marketing Inc. (“Marketing”) filing for Chapter 11 protection under the Federal Bankruptcy Code (the “Marketing Bankruptcy”) as more fully described below and in the Company’s other filings with the SEC including the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K which was filed today. Accordingly, the Company’s results of operations for the quarter ended December 31, 2011 and balance sheet as of December 31, 2011 include the following adjustments:
- $8.7 million non-cash allowance for deferred rental revenue related to the Master Lease (in addition to the $11.0 million allowance recorded during the quarter ended September 30, 2011) fully reserving for the deferred rent receivable relating to the Master Lease;
- $8.8 million provision for bad debts, primarily attributable to nonpayment of pre-petition rent and real estate taxes due from Marketing;
- $1.5 million legal and other professional fees related to the Marketing Bankruptcy;
- $47.9 million accrued liability representing the assumption of aggregate Marketing Environmental Liabilities; and
- $17.1 million impairment charges related to the Marketing portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV