Updated from 9:30 a.m. ET. Correction: China argued Article XXXVI of GATT at the July WTO Panel, not in the January Appellate Body decision
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Companies trading on American exchanges could be due for a sweet slam dunk on China.
Businesses that sell advanced batteries, wind turbines, hybrid cars and more advanced technologies received some promising news from Barack Obama Tuesday when the president announced the United States would challenge China's export quotas on rare-earth elements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV