Still, the company is trying out a new concept -- a larger store with an expanded menu and sports theme, Wingstop Sports, that will fall short of a full-service sports bar and restaurant. A grand opening comes to Brownsville, Texas, next week.
"It's not going to be like Buffalo Wild Wings," he says. "Our alcohol sales are 1% to 2%" of sales, and Wingstop Sports locations should see a rise to between 6% to 8% -- far short of the roughly 20% an establishment such as Buffalo Wild Wings does in alcohol sales.
Wings appeal to consumers
The wings industry is growing, and there's lots of reasons for it.
Chicken as a commodity is cheaper than beef, making it easier to increase (or decrease) production as demand changes. "So even if commodity prices go up and down, it's not as long-term an impact on costs like beef,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV