NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- It often pays to follow the moves of insiders. If they're buying up company stock with their own funds, then they are quite often pointing the way to an undervalued investment opportunity.
Trouble is, soon after insiders buy, a stock starts to rise higher as other investors follow the insiders' lead. By the time you get around to researching that stock, it may already be 10% or 20% above the level where insiders bought in.
Yet it works the other way as well. Share prices sometimes fall after insiders have started buying, to below levels where they bought in. If insiders liked the stock when it was a bit higher, they presumably love it now that it's a bit cheaper.Here are a dozen companies that are trading below the recent average insider purchase price. If the market grinds lower and pulls these stocks down further, insiders may lend their support once again. Let's take a closer look at five of them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV