Summary Box: Wheat Surges On Demand Hopes
The Associated Press
WHEAT GAINS: Wheat prices surged on signs that demand is improving from other countries and businesses that add the grain to products, among other uses. The growing interest comes as questions linger about global stockpiles ahead of the spring planting season.
RECOVERING METALS: Copper, platinum and palladium rose after two surveys showed manufacturing in the Northeast expanded in March, which provided more proof of the strengthening U.S. economy. Gold and silver also rose.
SUGARY MOVE: Sugar prices jumped 4.3 percent on speculation that Europe may be considering significant imports. The price has risen nearly 10 percent this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV