HAVANT, England, March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Xyratex Ltd (Nasdaq: XRTX), a leading provider of data storage technology, today announced that it is opening two new facilities in North America.
- A new center of excellence for storage software development, based in the Kitchener-Waterloo region of Ontario, Canada, will be primarily focused on clustered file system, cloud infrastructure and management software development.
- A new disk drive integration and system configuration facility in Guadalajara, Mexico to provide its Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partners with disk drive integration and system configuration capabilities adjacent to their America's distribution facilities.
The Kitchener-Waterloo software development center will be responsible for building next generation clustered file system capabilities and an advanced application framework with intuitive management tools for Lustre® based ClusterStor™ High Performance Computing storage solutions. The facility will open in May of this year and will support the expansion of the Xyratex software development organization over the next few years.
"The Kitchener-Waterloo region has a long track record for attracting some of the brightest software talent in the industry and cultivating great developers. We're delighted to join this world-class community of IT organizations in Canada," said Peter Bojanic, Software Development Director, Xyratex. "We have a number of Linux/Lustre developers and application architects already on our team and we're looking to expand the team with several more talented developers to work on clustered file systems, cloud infrastructure and management frameworks. We feel that K-W is the ideal location to recruit these types of developers and to promote storage software research and development with the local universities."
The Guadalajara disk drive integration and system configuration facility will open in May and is located close to the integration and distribution facilities of major OEM partners to enable 'just in time' manufacturing integration of the Xyratex OneStor™ data storage platform with the OEMs solutions. This facility complements Xyratex's current global integration and fulfillment facilities located in the United Kingdom, California and Malaysia.About XyratexXyratex is a leading provider of enterprise class data storage solutions and hard disk drive capital equipment. The Networked Storage Solutions division designs and manufactures a range of advanced, scalable data storage solutions for the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) community. As the largest capital equipment supplier to the industry, the Storage Infrastructure division enables disk drive manufacturers and their component suppliers to meet today's technology and productivity requirements. Xyratex has over 25 years of experience in research and development relating to disk drives, storage systems and manufacturing process technology. Founded in 1994 in an MBO from IBM, and with headquarters in the UK, Xyratex has an established global base with R&D and operational facilities in Europe, the United States and South East Asia. Lustre is a registered trademark of Oracle. Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV