HERZELIYA, Israel, March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- The agreement is expected to assist the Company with safety and efficacy data that may focus its clinical trials' design and preparations for its clinical trials and evaluation of new projects
- Clalit Research Institute is the research arm of Clalit Health Services - Israel's largest HMO with more than 4 million members
On March 14, 2012, XTL Biopharmaceuticals announced that it entered into a strategic collaboration framework agreement with Clalit Research Institute Ltd., the research arm of Clalit Health Services ("the Institute") and Mor Research Applications, the technology transfer office of Clalit Health Services ("Mor").
According to the agreement, upon XTL's request, the Institute will provide the Company with clinical data and analyses which would be based on the Institute's database in connection with technologies that stem from inventions and patents of Clalit Health Services' physicians. The nature of the various clinical projects shall be agreed upon by the Company, the Institute and Mor in advance.
The Company, in consideration for the above, shall pay the cost basis related to the Institute's activity in the collaboration framework of any Project plus an additional 10% of the total royalties Mor is entitled pursuant to its agreements with the Company in connection with each technology where rights were granted to the Company.According to XTL, access to data through this agreement will enable the Company to evaluate safety and efficacy data of the technologies in development as well as technologies where development has not yet commenced. Currently, the Company has the rights to two technologies that were in-licensed from Mor, rHuEPO for the treatment of multiple myeloma blood cancer and SAM-101 for the treatment of psychotic patients. The Company is in preparations for the implementation of its rHuEPO phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of multiple myeloma cancer patients. In addition, the Company has the exclusive rights for SAM-101, which is based on the combination of existing anti-psychotics together with a known medicinal compound for the treatment of anti-psychotic patients with focus on schizophrenia, which has successfully completed a phase 2a in Israel. "Our collaboration with the research institute directly supports our clinical development pipeline," said David Grossman XTL's Chief Executive Officer. "This strategic collaboration represents another important link in the ecosystem we are building around our cutting-edge technologies focused on clinical development."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV