Melanoma Research Foundation And Pale Girl SPEAKS Host Miles For Melanoma Run/Walk At Universal Studios
May 6 Event Will Raise Funds for Melanoma Research, Advocacy and Education During Melanoma Awareness Month
WASHINGTON and LOS ANGELES, March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) and Pale Girl SPEAKS announced today that they will partner in hosting a 5K run/walk on the Universal Studios backlot in Hollywood, California. MRF is the largest independent, national organization devoted to melanoma in the United States. Pale Girl SPEAKS, founded by melanoma activist Hillary Fogelson, is an online resource providing practical advice and tips for living safely in the sun. The run/walk will take place on the backlot of the studio where Hillary's husband, Adam Fogelson, serves as the Chairman of the motion picture group. The Fogelsons will co-chair the event on May 6th and Universal Pictures will be a sponsor. The announcement was made today by MRF Executive Director Tim Turnham and Hillary Fogelson.
The 5K run/walk will allow participants to experience many of the iconic motion picture scenes that populate the Universal Studios backlot. Runners and walkers will see movie sights that are etched into the collective memory of moviegoers, like the re-creation of Amityville Island from Jaws, Spartacus Square and the village of Whoville. In addition to exploring Universal's backlot, participants will be offered critical tips on how to face the sun safely.
"Sun-soaked Los Angeles is a constant battleground which requires real champions in spreading the word about how to protect against the harmful effects of the sun," said Turnham. "We're thrilled to have Hillary and Adam's support in championing our cause and we're looking forward to the event in May."Pale Girl SPEAKS will support and promote the run/walk through its far-reaching social network. A melanoma survivor herself and mother of two young girls, Fogelson has been an advocate for melanoma education, prevention and early detection since being diagnosed over a decade ago. Her website palegirlspeaks.com, which launched in August 2011, provides tips, product recommendations and common sense solutions to help adults and children live sun safe. "It's possible to live safely in the sun, but people need and want simple, practical ways to do that," said Hillary Fogelson. "They need to know how to protect themselves and their families as well as understand the importance of starting early with daily sun protection routines." Pale Girl SPEAKS and the MRF are likeminded in their efforts to educate and provide practical tips for prevention. "I'm thrilled to be partnering with the MRF for this amazing event." Registration for Miles for Melanoma at Universal Studios is open now and the information on how to participate is below:
- Register for the Miles for Melanoma 5K to be held at the Universal Studios backlot in Hollywood on May 6, beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- Create a fundraising team and a personalized fundraising page
- Share the page and a fundraising goal with friends, family and social networks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV