NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of these stocks hit 52-week highs on Thursday: Priceline.com (PCLN), Herbalife (HLF), Penske Automotive Group (PAG), Dollar General (DG), Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB), Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP), Cummins (CMI) and ASML Holding (ASML).
"While Priceline grew its already dominant ad presence modestly since Sept-11, Expedia-owned sites maintained a solid ad presence, appearing in 62% of emerging country searches in Mar-12 vs. 71% in Sept-11," Piper Jaffray analysts wrote in a report Wednesday. "Meanwhile, 100% of hotel searches in mature mkts surveyed had a paid ad for a Priceline-owned site, 90% had a paid ad for an Expediaowned site, and 21% of searches had a paid ad for an Orbitz-owned site. Our survey included searches in 29 mature mkts and 34 emerging mkts."
Shares of Priceline.com hit a 52-week high of $659.67 on Thursday. The stock's 52-week low of $411.26 was set on Oct. 4.Priceline.com has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio of 17.01 times; the average for travel and tourism companies is 16.65. For comparison, Expedia's (EXPE) forward P/E is 10.48. Nineteen of the 23 analysts who cover Priceline.com rated it buy. Three analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Priceline.com an A grade with a buy rating and a $788.39 price target. The stock has risen 39.65% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV