Residence Inn Chicago Midway Wins Story Of The Year From Marriott International
MERRILLVILLE, Ind., March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A guest at the Residence Inn Chicago Midway helping another guest in a time of need led to the hotel winning Marriott International's Story of the Year March 2.
General Manager Maria Middleton Nied submitted the story which occurred on New Year's Eve with a line at the front desk of people checking in. A woman in her pajamas and slippers was taking longer than normal to check in because her house had burned down in a fire, and she lost everything. A Silver Elite Member, who wishes to remain anonymous, was standing in line behind the woman waiting to check in. After she left the desk, he asked to speak with Nied, who feared he would be angry for having to wait in line. Instead, he asked what he could do for the woman who had just checked in.
A few days later Nied was informed by a front desk associate the Silver Elite Member left an envelope with gift cards and money at the front desk for the woman who had checked in in front of him."I talked to him...at checkout and he stated that he stays at Residence Inns because this brand makes him feel at home, and he felt that he had to help another person at his 'home' who was in need," Nied wrote on her submission form. Nied's submission was part of the Residence Inn Story of the Year contest, a part of the Residence Inn Cultural Brand Broadcast, a webinar for general manager of Residence Inns. The Residence Inn Midway beat 613 other Residence Inns to win the award. "I have worked for Marriott for over twenty years, and for Residence Inn brand for three, but each day I love this brand more and more," Nied wrote. "We all strive to provide Service So Memorable for our guests, but at times, our guests provide us with something so memorable that we should tell stories about it, as it is with this case."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV