Nearest Resistance: $17
Nearest Support: $15.50Catalyst: German Drug Ruling Small-cap drugmaker InterMune (ITMN) is another name that's rallying hard today, moving higher off of news that Germany's Federal Joint Committee decided ITMN's lung disease drug, Esbriet, offers additional benefits to patients. That ruling means that InterMune will be able to negotiate with healthcare providers over offering the orphan drug to German patients. For traders, ITMN's price action today is bumping shares against the $17 resistance level that's acted like an upside barrier for the past several months. The firm's combination of higher lows and horizontal resistance makes this setup an ascending triangle, a bullish pattern that becomes buyable once resistance has been broken. I'd recommend going long if ITMN can hold above $17. When that happens, it makes sense to keep a protective stop just under the 50-day moving average. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Searched Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV