Nearest Resistance: $38
Nearest Support: $33Catalyst: Bad Guidance Vera Bradley (VRA), another of yesterday's short-squeeze plays, is another small-cap apparel stock that's getting hammered today following bad guidance issued after yesterday's closing bell. Even though VRA posted impressive revenue and profit numbers for this quarter, it was weak guidance that caused this stock to gap down at the open today. Since February, VRA has been forming a broadening formation, a setup that's bounded by diverging trend lines. A broadening formation indicates that price action is getting less predictable -- statistically, this setup is more likely to resolve lower than higher. Sure enough, shares are threatening to break down through the lower trend line today. Now could be a good time to look at a short position in VRA. I'd recommend keeping a protective stop at the 50-day moving average. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV