Nearest Resistance: $34
Nearest Support: $32Catalyst: Bad Earnings, Guidance Shares of apparel stock Guess (GES) are down big today on poor earnings numbers, halving their 2012 performance in just a single trading session. The firm posted a small decrease in earnings after the bell yesterday, but it was the colossal miss on guidance that caused shares to gap down so hard in this morning's session. The price action we're seeing in Guess is an important reminder that a major fundamental shift can derail an otherwise attractive technical setup. (In fact, a technical setup for the stock was outlined yesterday in " 5 Earnings Stocks Poised to Pop." Shares of Guess broke out above $36 resistance late last week, after shares had been consolidating for weeks. But yesterday's guidance shoved shares to open well below the bottom of that consolidation range. At this point, it makes sense to stay away from shares until GES finds a more robust support level. Nearest support at $32 is pretty weak. Guess, one of the highest-yielding retail stocks, was one of 10 Retail Stock Losers of 2011. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV