Forty Is The New Sixty; Or At Least That's How It Feels For Many Public Sector Workers, Report Guardian Jobs
If, as is the case for electronic form-led CVs (these are used by many jobs boards and larger employers), candidates often have to fill qualification dates and work experience in reverse chronology; the advice is still to highlight relevant experience, skills or qualifications. In addition joining professional networks, and working on obtaining strong endorsements of work done, or recommendations from colleagues and peers helps to show the attitude of the candidate. Jobseekers are advised to highlight their 'connectedness' to the sector, or company/organisation that the job for which they are applying for sits in; this demonstrates a 'switched on' attitude.
Visit http://www.facebook.com/guardianjobs for the latest advice and career tips from Guardian Jobs and its users, and also jobs and career news.
SOURCE Guardian Jobs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV